Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fabric and a Block of the Month

Well my LQS (Mariner's Compass in Bath ME) had a big once a year sale. If you bought 25 fat quaters they would cost you $25. You had to buy them in groups of 25 and they had to be already cut but those were the only rules. I have been thinking about doing the postage stamp quilt along and I have wanted to do it in 1930's prints. So This is what I got....
Aren't they beautiful. I am not sure about using the solids. I might have to get a couple more purple, blue, green prints. So if you are counting that is 37 fat quarters. I needed 13 more.

Here are some I spy fabrics for a quilt. I am in an I spy swap and will be getting my 200 4inch blocks real soon. The swap coordinator has been showing us the blocks all along, so I have been planning the quilt in my head. I hope these will finish the quilt off really nicely.

And finally, Modify Traditions is having a block of the month. Last month it was the Broken Dish. Here are my two blocks. I am making two of each block so I will have a good sized quilt at the end of 12 months.
Other than this I am almost finished with my larger Magic Trick Mystery Quilt. A mystery quilt for during the Superbowl. I will post pictures tommorrow.
It is beautiful and relatively warm today (33 degrees) no wind and the sun finally came out so I am happy.
Have a great day everyone.



2 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a great deal on FQ's! WOW! You were able to pick up some lovely fabrics.

Your blocks are cute! There is something about pink and green together that always appeals to me.

oldbatt said...

I love when they have those FQ deals - it's really worth it! Love your site! Lisa