Saturday, February 18, 2012

Friday night Sew-In Results

Hello all, Last night was another Friday Night Sew In. I am so glad that these happen every month. I get a chance to take a night all for myself. Well this Friday Night I started chain piecing a bunch of stars for a class I am taking with Rhea at Alewives Fabric. The quilt is Super Stars by Elizabeth Hartman.
This is what the finished blocks will look like the solid will be the same in all of them but there are 32 different prints. I love how this is coming together so much...
I decided to cut fabric to make another one. This one will have an I spy fabric in each star and the solids are a fat quarter bundle I got from Common Threads. I don't love the weight of the Common Threads fabric (very thin) but This isn't going to be an heirloom piece just a fun quilt.

That's all I got accomplished. Go check out what others have done at Handmade by Heidi.

3 comments:

Jody Herbert said...

Looking good. Looks like you had a great FNSI.

Mistea said...

That looks like a lot of work to me. Love the way your stars are coming together. The coloured ones will be fun.
Enjoy cutting and sewing.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Great job!I have also just tagged you in a game of blog tag. to find out more go to farmgatecreations.blogspot.com No pressure if you don't want to play along,no worries. It's all just a bit of fun.